Back to all Team Members
Andwena Lockhart is a Turks and Caicos Islander
Her practice focuses on disputes in the areas of administrative law, human rights, constitutional law and immigration law.
She is a qualified mediator and Adjunct Lecturer at the Turks and Caicos Islands Community College.
- Judicial review proceedings in respect of various aspects of asylum (Turks and Caicos Islands).
- Led by Tim Prudhoe in successful Court of Appeal proceedings for the disclosure of the Appellants UNHCR Advisory Opinions in respect of asylum applicants (Turks and Caicos Islands).
- Administrative proceedings in respect of banking regulatory issues (St Kitts and Nevis).
- Led by Tim Prudhoe in respect of same-sex marriage rights challenge under the Constitution (Turks and Caicos Islands).
- Assisted in pro bono work centered around unlawful detention, false imprisonment, and refugee law at both trial and appellate level.
- Led asylum applications processes for multiple Sri Lankan clients (Turks and Caicos Islands) to the Minister for Immigration of the Turks and Caicos Islands Government.
- Refugee Status Determination appeal applications to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees.
- Asylum appeals (Turks and Caicos Islands).
- British Virgin Islands
- St. Kitts & Nevis
- Turks & Caicos Islands
University of the West Indies, Cave Hill, Barbados, LLB.
Eugene Dupuch Law School, New Providence, the Commonwealth of The Bahamas, LEC
Alternative Dispute Resolution Certificate (A practical clinic with emphasis on negotiation and mediation), Eugene Dupuch Law School, Council of Legal Education, New Providence, the Commonwealth of The Bahamas.
Practical Mediation Training Certificate, University of the West Indies, Trinidad and Tobago (in conjunction with the Judiciary of the Turks and Caicos Islands).
Adjunct Lecturer of the Criminal Justice program of the Faculty of Humanities and Liberal Studies, Turks and Caicos Islands Community College.
Court Appointed Mediator with the Judiciary of the Turks and Caicos Islands.