Back to all Team Members
Devon Mclean is a citizen of both the Turks and Caicos Islands and Canada.
Prior to joining the firm, she had practiced in Ontario, Canada.
Her focus is on litigating disputes. She has appeared before courts and tribunals in Ontario and the Turks and Caicos, including the Turks and Caicos Islands Court of Appeal.
Devon’s practice includes tort and contractual disputes, including professional liability, errors and omissions, directors’ and officers’ liability, property loss, product liability, casualty, and personal injury.
Also labour/employment, human rights, public law, habeas corpus, immigrant and refugee issues. Real property disputes.
Devon lead representations for banks and private asset managers in enforcing their financial agreements. She works with employers to defend against labour/employment claims, their risk management during contract negotiations and terminations.
- Sri Lankan asylum applicants in the Turks and Caicos on their asylum applications and related proceedings, including several judicial review and false imprisonment proceedings
- Claims for misfeasance in public office (Turks & Caicos; also St. Kitts & Nevis)
- Labour Tribunal decisions on appeal before the Turks and Caicos Islands Court of Appeal
- Defending a high profile Canadian organisation focused on refugee resettlement against a civil claim for damages for sexual harassment based on the conduct of a former employee; successfully obtained order that the claim be struck out
- Financial services litigation (Turks & Caicos Islands; also St. Kitts & Nevis)
- Enforcement Order requiring demolition of encroaching structures in dispute between property owners
- Barrister-at-law, Ontario, Canada (2015)
- Attorney, Turks and Caicos Islands
- Queen’s University, Toronto, Juris Doctorate, 2014
- University of Guelph, Baccalaureate in Applied Arts in Media Studies, 2011
- Humber College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning, Ontario, Advanced Diploma in Journalism – Print and Broadcast, 2011