Back to all Team Members
(Not admitted in Turks and Caicos Islands)
Prior to joining the firm, Khamaal was a partner in the litigation department of an established Barbados law firm. He is experienced in trial and appellate advocacy and has appeared as lead advocate before the High Court and Court of Appeal of Barbados, as well as arbitral and labour tribunals.
Khamaal also has experience as in-house counsel at a leading regional bank. This blend of experience enables him to understand and deliver what commercial clients require in order to make key decisions and achieve strategic objectives.
Khamaal’s focus is on civil and commercial disputes.
- Proceedings arising from sovereign debt restructuring
- Anti-suit proceedings in the insolvency context
- Court proceedings in support of international commercial arbitration
- Cross-border counterfeit pharmaceutical case
- Judicial review of refusal to register business name for hotel
- Defending minority shareholder challenge in the context of a takeover bid
- Proceedings against company directors for breach of fiduciary duties
- Constitutional claim in respect of assessment of compensation for compulsory acquisition of property
- Proceedings arising from website fraud against global luxury real estate brand
- Defending claim by neighbouring owners asserting rights over valuable beachfront land
- Defending claim asserting commercial estate property was owned by partnership of which deceased was a partner
- British Virgin Islands
- St Kitts & Nevis
University of the West Indies, Cave Hill Campus, LLB
Norman Manley Law School, Jamaica, LEC