Back to all Team Members
Lemelko is a Turks and Caicos Islander.
His practice focuses on disputes in the areas of administrative law, immigration, civil and commercial law.
• Judicial review proceedings successfully challenging client’s designation on Turks and Caicos Islands “Stop List” (immigration exclusion / removal list operated without any discernible policy).
• (with others at the firm) Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court (Montserrat) proceedings – a combined 42 separate but overlapping proceedings – on issues of corporate capacity, legal standing, stamp duty (government taxes due on land) and admissibility of evidence in respect of a fraud involving 53 acres of beachfront land.
• (with others at the firm) Turks and Caicos Islands Court of Appeal on disclosure of a government draft policy on the right to work for asylum applicants.
• (with others at the firm) Judicial review proceedings in respect of refusals of applications for Turks and Caicos Islander status, challenging the refusal under the Turks and Caicos Islander Status Ordinance.
• (with others at the firm) Turks and Caicos Islands Court of Appeal on strike out of statutory claim for unfair dismissal.
• Turks & Caicos Islands
• England & Wales
• Oxford Brookes University, LLB
• University of Law, BPTC & LLM
Professional Community Involvement
• The Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn
• Commonwealth Lawyers Association